On April 20-21, 2022, NOAA’s Disaster Preparedness Program partnered with Coastal Response Research Center (CRRC) to facilitate three webinars focusing on NOAA’s hurricane preparedness and readiness for personnel (people), mission, and infrastructure (PMI). The virtual event entitled “NOAA Hurricane Preparedness Summit 2022,” helped put NOAA in a better posture for the 2022 hurricane season by identifying best practices and lessons learned from the 2021 season, recognizing challenges specific to the Pacific Islands, and socializing tools and resources available to support different stages of storm landfall.
Specific objectives for this year’s Summit were to:
1. Understand best practices and lessons learned from the 2021 hurricane season;
2. Become knowledgeable about PMI topics;
3. Work towards improving consistency in response between federal and state partners;
4. Recognize challenges for the next hurricane season;
5. Introduce and familiarize tools and resources; and
6. Understand gaps given the current limitations.
CRRC, "NOAA Hurricane Preparedness Summit 2022" (2022). Coastal Response Research Center. 31.