Preview

image preview

Description

A stone monument dedicated to Benjamin Thompson, (1806-1890), the main benefactor of the University of New Hampshire, as well the namesake of Thompson Hall, can be seen on top of a small grassy hill. The Faculty Club can be seen in background behind trees. This image was taken in Durham, New Hampshire on August 19, 1924 as part of landscape architect Bremer W. Pond's project number 143 and is number 11 in his index.

Date Created

1924-08-19

Place

University of New Hampshire; Durham (N.H.)

Subject

Faculty Club (Durham (N.H.)); University of New Hampshire; Universities and Colleges; College Campuses; Landscape Architecture; New Hampshire--Durham

Extent

5.5 inches x 3.25 inches

Access Rights

These materials may be used for the purposes of research, teaching, and private study. For all other uses, contact Milne Special Collections and Archives, University of New Hampshire Library for permission.

Rights Holder

University of New Hampshire

Medium

black-and-white negatives

Source

The original document is housed in the Milne Special Collections and Archives at the University of New Hampshire.

Type

Image

File Format

image/jpeg

Scanning Information

University of New Hampshire. Library.

Share

COinS