The E/V Nautilus undertook leg NA040 to perform a review of the vessel’s Kongsberg EM302 multibeam echosounder in the vicinity of the continental shelf break offshore of St. Petersburg, Florida, from May 4-9, 2014 (Fig. 1). Paul Johnson and Kevin Jerram provided logistical and technical support for data collection and analysis. This report:
• Describes the data collected.
• Provides an overview of the processing methods used on the data
• Presents the EM302 system performance for accuracy and coverage over the expected operational depth range.
• Documents changes made to the system configuration prior to the 2014 field season.
• Plots the EM302 transducer impedance data to document transducer health.
Journal or Conference Title
P. Johnson and Jerram, K., “E/V Nautilus EM302 Multibeam Echosounder System Review”, 2014.